Tuesday, February 28, 2012

silk and paper

I've finally gotten started actual trials for a new idea to make "temporary" casting molds, and used it to try combining silk fusion and cotton casting - here's a word that will go in a piece for the local fiber arts show. The letters are silk and the "background" is cotton.
Once I get through tutorials for clay molds I will start showing some other methods like I used here. Hopefully photos of the finished piece will be here soon (since the piece has to be at the gallery on Thursday!)
Here's another one I did with light and dark cotton fiber
that will be part of a piece in the Art Bazaar "Featured Artist" exhibit in April, possibly with some of the silk fusion pieces you see drying around it.
A thank you to my friend Melinda who brings me lovely lint from drying her cotton towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment